Clear Focus Hedging
About Clear Focus: Formed in 2008, Clear Focus Hedging was created by Michael Daube, a 1977 graduate of Purdue University with a B.S. in economics. After graduation, I began farming with my father, and for over 32 years, raised corn, beans, wheat, cattle and hogs. I began using the futures market for hedging after the 1980 drought and collapse in hog prices made it clear that survival in agriculture demanded more protection. In 1998, my long time friend and broker who also had farmed, was tragically lost in a train accident, and the realization that not many brokers really understood farming set in. It was that fall that I started training and received my brokers license in early 1999 and began working for a firm in Illinois, opening a branch office later that year. Clear Focus Hedging became a philosophy and the name of my business because of my view of what will be needed to survive and prosper in the next ten years and beyond.
Reasons to consider Clear Focus Hedging:
- - independent, farmer owned and operated
- - experience: we walk the walk, facing the same challenges as our clients
- - committed to hedging, working as a team with your insurance agent and your lender
- - We believe your farm is unique, and respect that.
- - We believe in doing what you want and need.
- - We believe in having a plan, and staying with it, focusing on the end of the year,
- not getting caught up in the emotion of the minute.